I didn’t have anything to deal with it directly, but we were playing with four swamps on the board, so I thought I might be able to restrict and direct his movement with my smaller, more numerous units. It worked for the most part, splitting the board into two individual games on either flank. On my left side, there was a single mass combat between his marauders and my knights and dual wielding warriors. I was able to feed his Exalted Hero in the unit a pair of champions, while mine worked over his Sorcerer and Sorcerer Lord. I took a lot of casualties to the great weapons, but I was doing so many attacks that focused on the softer Marauders, they failed their third break test and ran from my remaining two warriors.
On the right side, I made some mistakes that really could have cost me. Initially, I did a good job of bringing him to me over the swamps. I fed him Scyla the spawn at one edge, then the warshrine on the other. I think, over the course of two or three dangerous terrain checks, he lost about a quarter of his big unit and took a wound on his Lord. Unfortunately, I overestimated the odds of the warshrine holding and took a charge in the back of my halberd unit. On the plus side, this opened up a counter charge by the Daemon Prince which really helped even the odds. My Lord challenged his, each doing two wounds, but with the crucial terrain wound, his went down. My warriors each had four attacks thanks to a blessing from the Eye of the Gods and frenzy, and I was able to put out more damage than he could soak up. In subsequent rounds, my Lord took out his battle standard in a challenge, and my guys did just enough damage to take him to just a front rank so he wouldn’t be steadfast. He failed both leadership checks, and that was that.
So all in all, two really fun games. I didn’t have more than a handful of models left on the table after either, but I squeezed it out.