Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Finally, Kinda

I have finally finished the exterior of pod number one. Well, it's done anyway. I went back and added a couple coats of red and gold to solidify the colors. They look a lot more matte, and I know the model is a lot better for it. Of course, just now I saw a piece of gold with splotch of out of place red on it, so of course, the work is never done. But even if the exterior were perfect, I still need to do the inside. Typically, I don't rate painting the inner parts of vehicles. I don't ever drop the ramps in game, so why go to the extra effort? Drop pods, on the other hand, look odd on the table top without the petals down, but all the nice display details are on the outside, so I'm committed to finishing this in its entirety. Thankfully, I have an exceedingly simple scheme. It doesn't need to pop. It can be fairly reductionist and still look good.
It's been a while, but I can see the end in sight, so that is exciting.

Hobby Goals
-Finish the interior of Pod 1.
-Less time between posts next time.
-Glue Chaos Warriors on bases.

Hobby Progress
-Exterior is complete.
-Some WoC bases are complete.
-Finished the Greed Corp campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment