Monday, June 13, 2011

Hobby update 9 13

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks. I went to the beach. I moved back home to save some money until my wedding. I started some new stuff at work. Needless to say, not much has been accomplished hobby-wise. I’m not the most dedicated at the best of times, so why would that change now?

Really, it’s that a lot of it is lost in the chaos. It’s hard to paint because the paint station is covered in the models that I shoved on there during the move. The chair is covered in clothes that still haven’t been put away. Even if I could, the model on queue is… somewhere…

Instead, I have decided to do this:

It’s not armies on parade or whatever. I’m organizing everything for when the next big move happens. I’ve built an excel spreadsheet to track the location of every model and what case/transport bag it’s in, down to what tray. I didn’t bother going to down to the exact slot in the tray because that would be too neurotic…

I’m not sure how exactly I’m going to break everything out. I don’t have slots for every model yet. I was thinking of placing another (substantial) Battlefoam order, particularly for the larger and odder shaped models. Beyond that, we’ll see.

It won't stop the hobby. I'm really only packing up stuff that I won't be using, so a few things will still be hanging out and getting worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment