Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hobby Update

Well, a few weeks into the year and I finished my first piece. I wish I could have more to show for my time, but I am tremendously satisfied with the results:

I loved the Sanguiary Guard models that dropped with the new Blood Angels codex, though I doubt I’m the only one. I decided to build a Raptor unit with a Slaaneshi/Adonis perfection feel. I decided to quarter the armor. The unit’s Aspirant is seen here in black and gold, while the regular troopers will be done in a similar fashion, replacing the black with the legion’s red.

The most time consuming part of the process was easily the wings. I tried two different ways of painting them, before I found a way that gave me results I liked, and I’m going to do a more opaque gray when I do the regular troopers.

Elsewhere, I accomplished some of my hobby goals from my last post. I have acquired two of the three drop pods for the Blood Wing and have assembled both of them. I found them to be one of the easier vehicle kits to put together. I also ordered my extra bits from Forge World, so they should be on their way. I think I might put in a separate order with a bits dealer as well, for just a little bit more flash. I have yet to prime my chaos warriors. I was going to give it a go, but it was way too cold and I actually showed some restraint.

Outside of hobby, I went by my FLGS on Saturday. The trip reminded me of how much I miss playing games. It was great to see painted and even non-painted armies actually facing each other on the table and fighting it out. It was also great to see the guys in the club and always good for the ego when they let you know they missed you.

So what goals are in place for the next two weeks?

- Prime the warriors I didn’t get to.

- Paint the four Raptors that go along with the Aspirant.

- Get in a game of Warhammer Fantasy with my Chaos Warriors

No comments:

Post a Comment