Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hobby Update


The Chaplain/Aspiring Champ
After a couple weeks of effort, the Possessed Marines are to the point where they're getting individual attention.  I even have a couple of them finished.  Three to be precise.  I'm hoping the remaining seven will be done in about a week.  That may seem like a long time, but batch painting details has never been my strong suit, especially since each model is relatively unique.  After that, I'm not sure what to use to replace them as the main project on my queue.  I suppose the other unit of Possessed might warrant some attention, but I can't remember the last time I painted that many of something.  It seems a little counter-intuitive and I don't know why. 

Possessed Brother
I decided to add in some green to the color scheme.  I wanted something to differentiate the Possessed from the regular brothers, and I only wanted it to take a glance to do so.  If the horns and beyond human parts weren't enough to do the trick, I thought a little color variation would.  The green will hopefully tie the Word Bearers to the daemons that I'm hoping to work more on.  Sort of a consistent color of corruption, if you will.  That'll give me the option to run them in a variety of capacities, whether it be as two separate army books or as whatever incarnation they appear in together in the next Chaos codex. I started with Caliban Green, but that was too dark and reminded me a little of Christmas... albeit, evil Christmas.  I jumped up to Warpstone Glow and that seems to work a lot better. 

Hobby Goals
-Finish the Possessed by next Sunday
-Greenstuff the Nightbringer

No comments:

Post a Comment