Friday, February 10, 2012

Turning Scraps into Space Hulk Bases

One of the things my Terminators definitely need is an upgrade to their bases.  I love the way they've turned out, but nondescript silver discs just aren't cutting it as the floor of a space hulk and it detracts from the overall appearance.
Not pictured:  The suspension of your disbelief.

So rather than doing any of the things I'm supposed to be doing, whether that be in life or in hobby, I spent the day sitting on the floor, watching basketball, and fiddling with plastic bits pulled out of the vehicles box.  Here is the result of my labor:

Not the trickiest of conversion efforts.
Essentially, we have mostly the reverse sides of leftover Land Raider and Rhino doors, plus some cables and movement tray sides.  It's fairly straightforward.  There is a lot of cutting and snipping.  I should probably clean up the edges with some sanding and green stuff, but I'm not that concerned about it.  I think hitting it with some black primer will cover a multitude of ills.    

Thoughts?  Should I continue the project or scrap it and buy some resin bases?  

2 comments:

  1. I think it works perfectly. Maybe toss in some greenstuff cables (just roll out a thin sausage of it to lay on the base) to simulate power cables and such running along the decking and you've got a winner.

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 'em, especially the recycling vibe. Use the whole animal, etc.

    ReplyDelete